Saturday, April 30, 2011

Buffet Beast turned Entertainment Beauty

One day while visiting a buddy, I drove past a home with a load of furniture on the side of the road. I usually will go to the door and ask for permission before just loading up the van. On this particular day, the guy was extremely kind and gave me this buffet for free. He even delivered it to my house (FREE!)!

Here's an after shoot:


Here she is looking all beastly:

I love the storage:


I have become a big fan of Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint! There is no need for sanding nor priming any piece. That's right, you just paint! For this busy mom of four, I may stick with this product for a long time.

During the painting process, I began to question my choice of color. Can't you just picture Cheetos fingerprints all over this thing?!




Here is the buffet with "Old White" painted all over:


I was able to keep the original hardware and think that it fits it quite nicely.

What do you think?

Linking up to:

The DIY Show Off



9 comments:

  1. Jacqueline (love the name) the transformation is simply amazing! I love the comment about the cheetos very funny. Looking forward to seeing more of your work. Please stop by for a blog visit. New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a transformation! I keep hearing about this chalk paint and bloggers like you are getting me thisclose to ordering some of my own. :) I'm going to follow you and see what else you are up to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy moly that is an awesome transformation. Welcome to blogging, I see you are new and wanted to let you know about my newbie party that I host every Monday..great way to meet new friends. I also have a chalk paint giveaway going on now...hope to see you over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Ladies! I'm looking forward to getting to know you all & see all of your great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining the newbie party. Have fun meeting some of the girls, they are all there for the very same reason, to make new friends:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm visiting from Debbiedoos!

    I love this, it looks amazing! And your button monogram is super cute, I'm so glad you shared and that I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, I can't wait to try this paint that absolutely everyone is talking about!!! Amazing transformation and I can't believe the piece was free! Old white is one of the colors i think I will order. You really love it? Did you use two coats? It's a beautiful piece! I'm visiting from Debbiedoos, I'm a newbie as well. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your projects, I'm your newest follower- hoping you will follow me back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd like to invite you to join me at the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week! http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/11/clever-chicks-blog-hop-8-and-rural.html

    I hope to see you there!
    Cheers!
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete